HOW TO PLAY: Create something with an outdoorsy texture in mind - or use an element from nature as part of your design. It could be the texture in an embossing folder that has woodgrain, leaves or vines, it could be a leaf rubbing behind your image, something glossy like rain or shiny like a berry. The interpretation is up to you! If you play along with us, you could win Flourishes entire June Stamp Release!
If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCJUN13. You can enter as many times as you like, but we want you to know if you use your Flourishes stamps, your entry counts twice! You have until Friday June 14, 2013 at 5 PM EST to enter. Just be sure to enter your creation below using our InLinkz Widgit. Enjoy exploring those nature textures!
This challenge was interesting to me and rather difficult at first. The next door neighbor to our right has these beautiful almost hawaii like flowers with glossy leaves. Very similar to the ones in this picture to the left. They have these gorgeous red flowers that bloom every year and the leaves are smooth and shiny. The leaves on the Orchids seemed a really close match and with some liquid glass they would be smooth and shiny all the same. I stamped the Orchids onto classic white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo black ink.
Layered onto some of our Color Made Easy Candy Pink and Sunflower collections. My frame is using Spellbinders Resplendant Rectangles die. Wrapped some of the Color Made Easy Candy Pink Festive Fuchsia ribbon and white lace trim around the base. Then tied off some Color Made Easy Sunflower Antique Gold into a bow. These fun Theresa Collins summer stories enamel spots are great accents for cards.
This is a close up so you can see the liquid glass on the leaves all shiny and smooth.
- Amanda Havon
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- And be sure to welcome our NEWEST Senior Design Team Member - Tosha Leyendekker!! See more about her HERE. We're so excited to have her with us!
- Simply create a card using any textures from nature, or inspired by nature
- Entries need to be in by Friday June 14th, 5 PM EST
- Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice
- You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit to be counted
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those entries that don't combine will be in the running
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCJUN13
- We'll announce the winners on Saturday in our Winner's Circle Post here on the blog on Saturday June 15th, so check back then to find out if you are a winner!