Friday, July 14, 2017

Peace and Joy for July

It is Friday and time for the Bloom Brigade to show off a few creations along with the Good Vibe 5 post on the Power Poppy Blog. A few reminders in case you were busy all week. Our Hues to Use is posted again (Every Tuesday) and the colors are dear to my heart.  :-)  Remember if you play along you might be our next guest designer! The July Power and Spark challenge is posted up called On The Case. For playing along you have a chance at winning $50 in bloom bucks at the Power Poppy Store. Check out both challenges and play along. 


My card today is casing Miss Julie's darling Christmas card found HERE.
I kept the basic layout over all and the image. I changed the colors, added a layer, changed the designer paper, added sequins and moved the sentiment. 


Simply Joys is one of my favorite sets we did last year for Christmas. The balls have some sequins added to them and the can has some suduko gel pen added which is hard to see in the photo. And I added faux stitching around the edge to match the stitching on the die. I do like how this turned out and it will be an easy mailer too. This also fits the Dirty Dozen July Christmas challenge. Another card done for the year, yeah!! Voila! 

Be sure to check out the Bloom Brigades creations:

  Christine Okken
Katie Sims
 Tosha Leyendekker


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I love this set, too, and I need to get it out again. Love the simplicity and traditional Christmas colors. Those sequins add extra cuteness and, of course, a little sparkle never hurt anything.

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful card Stacy, love your mix of dp with the faux stitching. The "here" link didn't seem to work for me but I did go to Julie's blog. Great case of Julie's card.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, this is a beautiful card and a great CASE of Julie's card! I LOVE your DP and beautiful embellishments (you always know just how to place your sequins). and I love your faux stitching! Beautifully done, sweet friend! Now you have me thinking about Christmas cards...and I really should start making more. Hugs! xoxo

Julie Koerber said...

Thanks for finding my card "CASE" worthy! :-) Love your take on this with traditional red and green shades! And... I've found looking at Christmas cards in July does make me appreciate summer! ;-)