Monday, January 1, 2018

Christmas Challenge 2018

Good morning! Did you have a wonderful Christmas? How about your New Years? Our house was full of activity of course along with the weather outside. We had a bunch of snow and ice which always make things interesting. Needless to say I REALLY enjoyed the last two weeks with the boys and hubby. AaaaaaHhhhhhh! The first day of 2018 and that means...
We usher in the new Dirty Dozen Christmas Challenge over on SCS. We have a new year and a new theme of challenges all ready for you to get an early start on your cards for the year. I hope you check it out and play along. 


I will tell you that this photo is not straight but I think it is more because of the background (dining room chair) than anything. The auto straight didn't even move it much, oh well.  :-)  This Candy Cane Classic fit this months challenge perfectly! They are colored with Copic markers and then die cut using Spellbinders circles and scallop circles. I think this type of fold is called a tent fold, but not completely sure. It does fit the standard envelope, it is a fun look I think. My designer paper for the base layer and some piercing around the edge. The scallop circle has matching piercing to tie in the edge. My sentiment tied off a button and silver cord and some jewels to finish it off. Voila! 

Hopefully you are all ready to get those cards done for 2018! Happy Stamping! 


4 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Love these pretty candy canes in green Stacy!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

So if these are green candy canes, that means they must be spearmint? So pretty Stacy. I love the pretty paper and embellishments. I think I said this before, but I simply must try out this design. I love it!
If you could see what looms in the background of my photos you would be shocked. It's usually the big mess I made creating my latest card.

Leslie Miller said...

A fun fold and I do love how it still fits a standard envie. Bright and cheerful and cute, just the way I love my Christmas cards!

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful card, and I love these candy canes. Such great DP. Your coloring is beautiful, and I love the sparkle! Hugs!