Friday, January 5, 2018

Love meets Page Maps with Power Poppy

Well hello... Did you see the latest Page Maps card sketches? Becky has some fun card sketches for you to play with and Power Poppy joined in on the fun. Julie thought it would be fun to have our Power and Spark challenge this month using one of the sketches. So pick one of the new sketches and give it a whirl.


My sketch is using this one:

My first thought was using My English Rose and getting ahead start on some Valentine cards. This rose is actually part of the image with the square in the set. However I simple colored what I needed and then delicately cut around the image to pop on the card base. My designer paper has a scallop edge using ODBD Beautiful borders die. Some scrap paper was for the fish tale tags in the corner with some faux stitching to match the sketch. Then some sparkle and jewels to finish it off. Voila!

Check out the Power Poppy Blog for all the girls that played along with a sketch today! Don't forget to pick your sketch and enter it into the Power and Spark challenge this month.


12 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy! What a stunning card and I LOVE the beautiful colors! The red and pink are fabulous with the black....so striking! love the way you've used the DP and added the jewels! Definitely sparkles in your photo! Exquisite! Warm hugs and love, sweet friend! xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun sketch and I love, love, love the way you interpreted it!! What a gorgeous card full of lovely details!

ChristineCreations said...

I totally love how you used this sketch Stacy. The fun papers, the sweet sewing, the scrappy feel and the beautifully coloured rose all pull together so well! Gorgeous design!

Pauline said...

A fabulous card Stacy, love your take on this sketch! The black against that white background makes everything POP! Love all your details, gorgeous!

Gab said...

Love your take on the sketch - and love the colours you used! Really pretty card

Barbara said...

You "mapped" this card perfectly! How did you pick out all of the patterned papers to match so well? Your card is gorgeous and I can't wait to start.

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!!! I love the way you used the flowers on this sketch. The coloring is gorgeous!!

Traci M said...

Your card is gorgeous, Stacy!! I really love your creative use of the sketch!! Really has a very feminine feel, and the banners on top give it a fun touch!

Leslie Miller said...

Wonderful use of this sketch, Stacy! The rose with your beautiful coloring was a perfect choice and I love it with the paper which I have, as well. It's a fun sketch. I'd like to make a point of playing along, but having a hard time getting going. Maybe a challenge is what I need.

Davi said...

Stacy your card is beautiful, I love the pop of black to go with the beautiful rose.

CaroleAnn said...

You can smell the roses on this one!!!! Just beautiful and the background touches of black are just so beautiful with your coloring effect and the die cut label. Just love all the details you created with this sketch!!!

lynda said...

Oh this is fabulous! The colors! Red, black, pink and green...all work together to make one mighty amazing card! Love, love, love this~